CIS Accountants

If you work in the construction industry in the UK on a self employed basis then you will need to complete a self assessment tax return form. This tax return needs to be submitted to HMRC by the 31st January after the end of the tax year.

The CIS tax return needs to include all income and expenditure for the tax year, and include the amount of tax deducted by the contractor(s).

You may be entitled to a CIS tax refund.


We have helped many clients with CIS tax refunds for years and offer the UK’s fastest and easiest way to get your money back from HMRC.

We can advise on further expenses for your tax return and minimise your tax liability.


CIS stands for Construction Industry Scheme and is a tax deduction scheme solely for people working within the construction industry.

Contractors are required to make CIS tax deductions from their subcontractors and pay this money to HMRC. When the subcontractor submits their CIS subcontractor tax return at the end of the tax year, most or all of their tax has already been paid. The standard CIS tax deduction is 20%.

You may be entitled to a CIS tax refund.

See also HMRC’s guidance here

Need Some Further Help?

If you have any further questions or would us to help with your tax needs, get in touch with us today.

Send a message

Useful Resources

These days there’s an abundance of tools and resources at your disposal, software that handles your invoices and expenses, to mobile based banks that cut the boring paperwork.

We only work with the best of the best, and have partnered with several big names to offer you various goodies when signing up.

Accounts Software

Bank & Apps